Tanzania:NMB to Finance Palm Oil Cultivation - AllAfrica.com

Eritrean Fighter Pilot, Escapee, Calls for Justice for Jailed Compatriots - Voice of America

NMB Bank is set to venture into financing palm oil cultivation to increase edible oil production that will cover its huge deficit currently plugged through imports. According to 2017 Bank of Tanzania Working Paper Series on sunflower sub-sector, local production of both factory and home extracted sunflower seed oil contributes about 40 per cent of edible oil requirement of 330,000 tonnes, with imported oil occupying a significant portion of the remaining 60 per cent.

Start the conversation, or Read more at AllAfrica.com.


ADVERTISEMENT


Source link : http://www.topix.com/world/tanzania/2018/10/tanzania-nmb-to-finance-palm-oil-cultivation?fromrss=1
Author :
Publish date : 2018-10-01 18:07:29
share on: