How to use the map: the basics
This African elections map shows you all the upcoming votes. Move around and click to find out more.
The colour tells you approximately when the election is:
- Red – This month
- Orange – Next month
- Yellow – In two months
- Green – Beyond that
The icon tells you what type election it is:
- Star – President
- Museum – National Assembly
- House – Local/Gubernatorial
Want much more in-depth information about the elections?
The map just gives you the basic info. But you can get much more up-to-date and in-depth coverage if you sign up to our Insiders Newsletter:
- Information about the context and system behind every election.
- Analysis of the candidates, platforms, parties and likely outcomes, updated each week.
- The results explained.
- Essential reading around the vote.
- The latest headlines from around the web.
For a taste of what to expect from our election coverage, check out this free preview from June 2018.
The Insiders Newsletter also includes succinct expert analysis and insights from a range of stories from across Africa each week. It costs as little as $8.33/month and helps fund African Arguments’ unique freely-accessible coverage.
Upcoming African elections: A list
Here are the upcoming elections in list form. It includes links to relevant African Arguments .
- 7: Madagascar – President and National Assembly (run-off 19 December)
- 18: Guinea-Bissau – National Assembly
- 25: Mali – National Assembly (second round 16 December)
- 30: Chad – National Assembly
- 10: Libya – President and National Assembly
- 20: Togo – National Assembly
- 23: DR Congo – President and National Assembly
- 31: Equatorial Guinea – National Assembly (not confirmed)
Beyond [being updated]
- January: Guinea – National Assembly (date to be confirmed)
- 16 February: Nigeria – President
- 24 February (tbc): Senegal – President
- 2 March: Nigeria – National Assembly
- 21 May: Malawi – President and National Assembly
- 15 October: Mozambique – President, National Assembly, Local
- Date tbc: South Africa – President, National Assembly, Provincial Legislatures
Source link : https://africanarguments.org/2018/10/08/africa-decides-all-upcoming-votes-african-elections/
Author : Insiders' Newsletter
Publish date : 2018-10-08 15:29:02